What The Professionals Have to Say About Hidden Cameras
February 14th, 2019
When you have a surveillance security system in Reno NV, people notice the cameras right away and are aware they are being monitored. However, with a hidden camera, you can have the benefits of monitoring people without their knowledge. Even though this may be something you want, many people hesitate before installing them because they are concerned this is an invasion of privacy. Not to worry, there are ways to monitor people without infringing on their rights. If you are considering installing hidden cameras, here’s everything you need to know.
Hidden Cameras In The Workplace in Reno NV
There are many benefits to having hidden cameras placed throughout your business. Some of these include:
- Decrease Theft: This does not just include the theft of property which will be drastically cut down with the use of hidden cameras, but will also prevent the theft of your customers information as well.
- Monitor Staff: A hidden camera can monitor the people who enter and exit your building and at what time they do so.
- Monitor Performance: When it comes to promotion, knowing who is the most productive of the candidates is a valuable tool in making a decision. Hidden cameras can determine the amount of work an employee completes.
- Enhance Safety: In the case of slips and falls it can record what happened and responsibility. It can also monitor any employees disregarding safety protocol.
- Lower Insurance Tates: when insurance companies see that security is in place and the premises are monitored the premiums are reduced.
Are Hidden Cameras Legal In The Workplace?
Many employers may be concerned that they may be breaking the law by installing hidden cameras. There is not set legal ruling concerning hidden camera surveillance. However, in Reno NV there are laws about installing cameras in private spaces including:
- Locker rooms
- Break areas
Before installing security cameras, it is best to look into laws with the help of a security expert.
What About Hidden Cameras In The Home?
Many homeowners are interested in installing hidden security cameras around their homes. Nanny-cams are by far the most popular as a way to protect your children or elderly loved ones from caretaker abuse. These cameras can be hidden in such simple devices such as clocks, smoke detectors, light bulbs, and even phone chargers. These can also be used to protect your family from unscrupulous contracts like cleaning staff, plumbers, and landscapers. Legally, you can use hidden cameras how you choose in your home as long as your guests have “reasonable expectation of privacy” such as:
- The bathrooms
- The bedroom if your service worker lives in your home.
- If your home is used as an Airbnb.
Due to the ins and outs of the laws in Reno NV concerning security cameras, it is best to consult with security professionals about your circumstances. They can help you install hidden cameras in a way that helps you protect your premises and the privacy of your employees, staff, and family.